Tuesday, February 10, 2009

$175.00 for a perm?

Are you out of your mind?!!? Please say it ain't so.

Today was a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Sunny. Warm. Windy, But tolerable. So I thought it was about that time I got my hair done. I got a perm in June of 2008. And it lasted up til now. I gave the salon a call. And I go to this salon often for waxing and servicing. So I'm thinking they're going to give me a break. Not on no freebie shit, But give me a hell of a good price just because I'm a valued customer. And they fucks with my mom. So you know, I thought it was all love.

So I call like, "This the chick that comes in for eye brow waxing. I want to know how much you'd charge me for a perm?" And the lady is like, "You're the girl with all that hair. $175.00." I was like, "WWHHHHATTTTT? You only charged me $80.00 last year and I thought THAT was too much!" And she goes, "Well, Your hair has gotten longer since then. You remember we had to use three boxes of chemicals to cover every strand of hair on your head, It took an hour just to put on those rollers, And three more to finish the entire perm-ing process?"

It blew me the hell away. And I already know how things are done in this salon. Their prices are NEVER consistent, They don't take professional measures to ensure that their clients are comfortable. Like last year, I had to, "Assist" them while getting my hair done. There was perm chemicals dripping down my face, Onto my clothes. They ain't even shampoo that bitch out completely...And they be overcharging muhfuggas! Now I could take my ass to Great Clips or something. But I gotta wait damn near two weeks to get in that bitch. I'm an impatient gal, And when I want something done, I want it DONE! I was damn near ready to pay that $175.00 to get my shit done, But luckily my homie talked some sense into me.

See I was on the phone the first time. And the lady that gave me the estimate over the phone was the one who serviced me last year. I had to make a visit up there just so they knew who they were dealing with. So the woman who normally does my waxing is like, "You already know I gotta tax you." Then she starts running her fingers through my hair while shaking her head. And she has that look on her face like, "Jesus I hope I'm not the one who she requests to do her perm."

So I just ran a little game on her (I'll be back, What time you open? I'll call before I come). But I was thinking to myself like they think I'm dumb. I gave Great Clips a call. This entire week is booked so I know I ain't getting perked up anytime soon. But I'm looking at, $80 - $100 with them. Not bad but they better not not try no shady shit with me man. Like, "I ain't know you had this much hair, I'm going to charge you for the extra amount of products used on you hair." *Eyeroll*

No comments:

Post a Comment